Thursday, November 16, 2006

Catching up, Tif style:

1. I've been sick.
2. I've been sick and taking care of sick kiddos.
3. I started a new job :)

Yes, you have read right, and I have written correctly...this mama has decided to go back to work.

4 years have passed since I have slipped my feet in nursing clogs, or have used a stethescope, or signed the initials R.N. On Monday I started orientation for a "PRN" position, or "as needed": No benefits (don't need it!), a generous hourly salary ("you said how much?") and the choice of which days to work, in even as little as one shift a week. (doing the jig) .

I couldn't refuse, and my soul is not just as peace, but is singing.

I had anxiety of having to choose between family or job or business, of feeling torn, of feeling bad for my children, but I found that, wow...I think in this case there will be no guilt.

Hallelujah!

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, or what challenges will arise. But this moment, right now, I am yelling from the rooftops,

"Oh, yeah baby!"

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Tif. Not the being sick part.... but the going back to nursing part. That is exactly why I'm going back to finish my nursing degree..... a profession that is flexible enough for my roll as a mommy. Good going!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats, Tif!!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger little yellow canary said...

Gosh, I so miss you on Xanga. I always forget to check on you over here at Blogger. ;) Yippee on the job. That sounds ideal! I bet you are the world's best nurse! Congratulations Mama. I must remember to check on you here! Sending Love! Jill

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on going back to nursing. I felt the same kind of peace going back to work as well. Just kind of fell into place and worked for us. No guilt, just all good.

Good for you. Can't wait to hear how things go!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home