Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Cooper...

is a special little boy.

I feel all of my children are special. I feel that each of them are destined for greatness in whatever environment they will find themselves in. Though just children, they each seem to be able to touch and reach people; I have no doubt that they will change the world to be a better place, as they already have today.

But I watch my Cooper very closely. I am so mindful that he may fall into the generalized second (or middle) child syndrome. I want to make sure he knows that he is his own little boy, and that he can be whatever he chooses to be.

Unlike Greggy and Rafaella, who are both very outgoing, uber social and assertive, my Cooper is selectively animated, with many moments of quiet thoughtfulness. He is careful, a watcher. He internalizes situations, and at his own chosen moments, lets Greg or I know what he has observed.

100_1003

And with his disposition, he is generous and kind, rarely getting a cup of milk for himself without getting one for his brother. He follows Rafaella around the house to make sure she doesn't get into trouble, all of which is very mindful for a 4 year old boy. He is surprisingly intelligent...I say surprisingly because he will suddenly just show you that, yes, he knows how to write his name, and phonetically read letters...all without my concentrated effort to teach him these things.

What do I do to make sure that he remains the way he is? I don't want him to change, nor do I wish to compare him to my other two. Each of my children have gifts and talents, shortcomings and misgivings, and I love each and every trait because it is theirs.

I hope our love will be enough to give him the courage and confidence to remain who he is.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i noticed that about him too, from the short time i spent with you guys - he is definitely a quieter soul than his 2 compatriots. ;) But i bet he will surprise you one day. you have such beautiful children, tif, really. :)

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home