Sunday, September 24, 2006

My name is Tif, and I am a listmaker

I make lists for each project I undertake.

On my google desktop, I have 3 lists: 1- Business 2- Family 3-Personal Craft Projects.

When I have a special event to plan, a list must be completed.

My husband is sent to the grocery store with a list. A list written from a list of meals for the coming week or 2.

I keep a notebook in my purse for the moment I feel I need to brainstorm a list.

And here I am blogging out a list.

It's a sickness really.

In the past, when I was younger, in College, my lists would be completed. To the "t". On my nursing shifts I compiled lists of repetetive tasks to be completed and they would be.

My lists these days, are feeling less love. They sit on the computer screen and wait for me to click them off. They call for me from my list notebook and sometimes at the end of the night all I can do is stare at them, and then to re-write them the next day.

These days, I list down "read 30 min", "write 30", "knit rafaella's pants 30 min" "cut fabric 30 min" "sew until one project completed ", just so I have somethings crossed out.

I guess this is what happens when life no longer revolves solely around oneself or with just a partner. My days no longer just involve me moving to my own agenda. And I guess this is what happens when I start to let go of trying to manage every minute, when I finally can breathe and just "go with the flow".

Is there such a thing for a true Virgo such as myself? I guess we will all just have to see.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff, it's Becky. Great new site! Glad to hear all is well. I'm a list-maker. They aren't the same anymore here, either!

11:04 PM  
Blogger KaiBlue said...

Aloha Tiff,
My name is Kai and I found your blog pressing the next blog button :)
Im a TRUE virgo (sept 1st, no cusps..) and I have enough lists to organise a third world country!! I finally had to stop when I had a list of my lists..lol..
It's an anal virgo trait that we have, but we are super duper organized which leaves us more time to abuse the craft closet and collections that I know as a virgo, you have too.. :)
Peace, Kai.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home