Thursday, September 14, 2006

Natural Suds = Love

I made it through my adolescent and young adult life with just wonderful skin. Face and Body...but at the advent of pregnancy and the my child-full life thereafter I found myself with not just dry scaly skin, but an acne prone face. And my once almost overconfident self came to a crashing realization that I would need to find a way to pamper and treat my skin.

I have found that the perfect combination for my face is Proactiv and Mineral Makeup (bare minerals and the like)...but for my body, I have learned to kick Bath & Body Works to the curb.

Over the years I have become quite a soap snob :). I crave uneven special bars made by hand with lye and oils and herbs. In the last five years, I cannot pass a soapmaker at a craft show/store without buying at least one bar.

Just to try.
I say
More Soap? Greg always comments. You're such a girl. (he says this with much respect of course)

A special package came in the mail last week...soaps made by Amorette of the best ingredients. Soaps that were heavy, scent-ful and almost good enough to eat. They were rough cut, and I envisioned her kitchen table filled with magical bars.


100_0916

They are absolutely delicious. They lather beautifully, and for this mama who loves her showers because it is one of her only times on her own...it is a luxury.

And my sensitive skin just adores them....yummm....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those soaps look yummy!!!
(my skin has sucked these past seven years, too)

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home