Monday, September 18, 2006

I really need to think over my schedule...

Here in our county, public schools have a special Monday schedule; teachers have inservices and students are given half the day off. When I arrived at Greggy's afternoon class line I was excited that we got there so early...after a few minutes of standing and smiling, I realized that there would be no line because his class had already started, and was in fact almost about to end.

Poor Greggy was so disappointed...he loves Kindergarten and his teacher, and with show and tell project in hand I led him back to the van (with the other 2 in tow), apologizing profusely.

While it doesn't seem much of a big deal, it was just another reminder that achieving balance doesn't necessarily mean just compartamentalizing tasks, or multitasking, or lists. It means taking care of yourself and your basic needs of food/water/sleep.

It is with that last component that I lack, really. I have placed a hard time of midnight for shutting down, but in my excitement to complete whatever task I am in, I push the envelope just a little bit. Then midnight turns to 1 am and Rafaella is up to nurse...and by the time things settle it is about 2 am.

All day I obsessed about tonight's timeline, and I am deciding to drink coffee in a few minutes, and will promptly shut off the computer at 11 pm.

There. I will be held accountable by cyberspace.

And in case you were wondering what was on the table to be finished last night:

100_0961
100_0963

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I hear ya, totally.

Is that bag for *me*??

7:34 PM  
Blogger Tif Johnson said...

haha, kim...i *wish* i was that far ahead...slowly but surely!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home