Sunday, September 17, 2006

*heart* - my children...

Today we visited some friends who just had their 2nd baby, a wee little one, a little boy who I got to hold...and at that moment I held him I realized how much bigger my children are.

Where has the time gone, that somehow I am five years older than when I was when I first held Greggy; goodness, Greg and I were just kids ourselves. I looked through my scrapbook tonight and was reminiscent...(though when am I not). Now my boys are in school, and Rafaella is growing to be such a little girl.

I wonder how I am doing as a parent. Each day brings its own surprises and what I thought was IT one day, is the OTHER the next. And then it is ANOTHER ONE the day after. Sometimes I think that all of this (parenthood, mentoring, teaching, loving) is just going so fast and furious. I think that the environment I am in contributes to it...bring the kids here, pick them up there etc etc ..

Tonight after the boys went to bed, I laid on the bed with Rafaella next to me...and when I held her the moment was absolutely perfect. 'twas heaven. All I have inside that I feel for her and for my children connects me to every aspect of my personal being as well as to the spiritual and metaphysical.

and then everything makes sense...even for that one second.

Goodnight...time for my coffee...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger misty said...

thanks for the comment. i checked out your dara and scott site - cute stuff! i'll remember you next time i'm shopping for baby gear or gifts.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tif!
It's been too long! I just saw your comment... I've been off for about a week now and I thought I would come by and check out your new site... it's wonderful and your posts so far are so beautiful as always...
Courtney

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home