Thursday, September 21, 2006

Greg and I would not do well on the Amazing Race.

I am convinced.

Today Greg took the van to get serviced at a nearby city. 20 or so minutes after he left I received a phone call from him: my dear husband was lost and could not find his way out of the suburbs. Absolutely refusing to get out of the van and to ask someone for directions, he insisted I navigate him out.

Feeling such frenzy, knowing his phone battery was not charged (doh!), I searched for and found the map.

This should be easy... Greg and I are experienced travellers. We drove through and around Germany/France/Luxembourg/Belgium many many times over, not knowing the language, and going by our instincts. Road trips are our bag, really!

He mentioned the streets as he passed them, and I gave him directions on where to go...

T: Ok, now turn right at the next intersection
G: What?
T: Turn right when you get the next intersection
G: Are you sure? I don't think so!
T: Do you trust me? I am reading the map and you need to turn right
G: is that West?
T: Yes
G: Right?
T: Yes! Turn right!
G: Are you sure?
T: Do you have the map? I have the map and you need to do what I say!
G: I did turn right, but I don't think you're right!

Silence

G: oh, oh..now I know where we are...

Gah!

Greg and I decided that when it was time for us to apply the Amazing Race that we would not mention this incident.

Instead we will mention that my iron stomach can handle a few crickets and he is a master historian (good selling points, right)


p.s...he apologized by the way, numerous times, and with treats in hand.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like my DH trying to lead me around. I call him when I am lost - which is nearly every day now that I am in a new spot. And dude, we were Felicity *junkies* when that was on the air. I loved loved loved that show.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Hey mama!!!!!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home