Thursday, September 28, 2006

There is more to life than simply increasing its speed - Ghandi

I have been thinking much of this lately...how the day is so rushed and when I finally take a look at the clock it is almost time for bed (for the rest of the family).

Finding meaning in what we do, day in and day out...is a stuggle sometimes, isn't it? We tend to get into this pattern of just doing and not feeling, of accepting monotony and the status quo, of almost stagnating.

The other spectrum is this clamor to achieve but to not really know why, of harboring competition but not really challenging ourselves and our motives, and sometimes encouraging a less friendly environment through it.

What do we do each day to find this middle ground, to ask more of ourselves, to live a simple life and cultivate a deeper soul?

I have been asking myself where I fall as a person in this spectrum. What is really important to me? What aspects of my life will satiate my dreams and needs?

Life is so short, I want to live it to its fullest, where I am, here where God has placed me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home