Friday, October 06, 2006

It took me 48 minutes to go 11 miles yesterday...

...and this was through the freeway. On the way back, I took the side streets and it still took me 39 minutes with all of the traffic...

And to think we are in the suburbs, over the bridge from D.C.

I used to think that I was such a city person. I grew in San Francisco. Greg and I used to daydream (when we were dating, and when newly married), that we would return to The City as soon as we could, to reclaim a piece of it and become part of its history.

Moving to Germany and living there for 4 years totally changed our perspective, and now all I crave is to one day find myself living in a small European-like village, where people still take walks, eat their meals outside *unrushed*, and talk to neighbors across the fence.

Until then I will be sitting in traffic and spend my time listening to children's music as the kids sing in the backgroud...(the latter part not being so bad)..

And until then I will continue to live in my craft bubble where I put all of my dreams and hopes into things I can make for others...

...this is for Sophia, J&C's first daughter, born about a month ago. J and I were nurses together in Germany. She is a Friend For Life.

Yarn is BFL, dyed by Nada.

Pattern in the Quick Baby Sweater (can't find the link at the moment haha).

for Sophia

Congratulations, Mama...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sweater!!! Gorgeous yarn.

The outfit in your previous post is gorgeous, as well. Your kids are invited to all our birthday parties. ;)

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home