Sunday, October 08, 2006

Carpool Creation #1

This is proof that I have truly succumbed into being a mini-van, carpooling mama. What has become quiet moments of knitting has turned into van knitting, waiting for one, while the other two are either sleeping or eating lunch in the back seat.

Sure, I know, it's not ideal...but we still have fun :) .

I am intent on being one of the first 10 or so cars (vans) there, so when Greggy comes out he can see me immediately. I don't want my babe to wait, or worry. And in order to do this I have programmed my brain to get there at least 30 minutes or so before the dismissal bell rings.

Yes! I know it's not ideal, but we still have fun...

The vans are practically parked in line, waiting...mamas come out to chat with each other (probably one of our few contacts with other adults before dad gets home)...most vans have other babes in there, so they are usually rocking out with some kind of child CD (ours is no exception)...and you will see many mamas reading, doing bills, their nails.

When I am not chatting, I am knitting. Or I am knitting while chatting, whatever...

And behold the first creation from the carpool line, actually finished last week, but did not wash and lanoloze until last night :)

for Rafaella

The yarn is Kimberly's colorway, I believe using Full Belly Farm Yarn, an organic wool yarn, wonderful and yummy.

I look forward to many more knitterly moments waiting for Greggy from school.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I love about knitting - it's so portable!!! Beautiful job, mama!!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home