Thursday, October 26, 2006

Some lace, lots of chocolate, and strep?

I had to live vicariously through Greg these last few weeks. While I grappled with backpacks and homework, he took a business (military) trip through England, Germany, France and Belgium.

I heard from him every couple of days, and he recounted (at my request) what he ate and drank, and the sites he saw. It brought back memories of travelling with him. And because I am ruled by my stomach, what I was most jealous of was that he got to eat authentic cuisine and drink hearty, warm beer.

As a consolation prize, dearest Greg brought back two loves of mine: linen and chocolate. A little Belgian lace goes a long way in my book...I still have our lace curtains and pillowcases we bought from Brussels a few years ago, of which I have not displayed because I am afraid that they will be forever stained by my little ones.

This time around he brought home a table cover with matching napkins.

100_1034

A little more dangerous is Belgian chocolate. I now have few bars of several kinds and they are all resting in the refrigerator. As you can see, I only pictured one here, but I am quite selfish when it comes to sweet stuff, I don't even like to photograph it ;) . These chocolates are my stash, and I have been enjoying a morsel at a time since he came home almost a week ago.

100_1035

Since his arrival, unfortunately, Greg has been banished to the couch in the family room. Though I expected to pass the baton with some of the children's needs when he got home, he has been coughing and complaining of a severe sore throat. I think it's Strep. Poor guy...but then again, I wouldn't mind getting sick for 2 weeks worth of a European getaway ;).

At least I have my fluff for the week :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home