Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weddings

They always make me cry somehow.

One of my girlfriends, M, got married this weekend. She has one of those relaxing easy personalities, and we have managed to remain friends despite the distance that 8 years of Army miles has provided us. She and I finally live in the same city :)

Her wedding to J allowed for me to meet up with one of my best friends, K, and she and I promptly began our giggling and joking and commenting. It was as if we were back in college again. Her poor husband, he had to endure her growling stomach during the ceremony and our minutes of our subsequent stiffled giggles.

Her wedding was a good excuse for me to get re-acquainted with quilting. So, I a made a lap blanket for M & J. Hopefully it will cover their laps and legs as they watch TV or read books.

for mindy

up close:
mindy #2

Doing this size of quilt also gave me quilt-sewing-machine-lust. I had a darn of a time rolling and shoving this baby in the little space my Viking had for me.

Don't tell Greg that though (wink).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our laps are cozy AND stylish under your gorgeous lap quilt! My heart is what is warmed most, though, by your thoughtful and personal gift. We thank you and we love you. I am humbled and blessed to have friends like you. The love and generosity of our friends and family that encircled us at the wedding was breathtaking. Thank you for making it complete.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home