Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Off the needles :)

...and in time for a shower. Yes, I did a totally unthinkable thing and had a present ready for a shower. On time.

Though we are not going to mention that I was seaming crazily the night before (before going onto the night shift), and blocking and praying that it would be dry the next day. Nope. we won't even breathe about it!

100_1323

I really love making newborn items because they knit up quickly, and it satisfies the seamstress in me...to have something ready in a reasonable amount of time. The pattern is the Baby Yoda Sweater using worsted weight BFL. Isn't the colorway pretty? Marina hand dyed it...and I received about 10 oz in trade, so I just have enough to make Rafaella a little something this spring.

I have been picking up a few shifts here and there; this week I am working three shifts, which is almost a full time load. Lots of babies being born and I am so lucky to be able to meet them and their mommies. I am able to choose my schedule, so it's all seeming to flow very well around here.

Granted my Christmas decorations are still up...but I am blaming that on our family's refusal to move on from the holiday celebrations. Does that count?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh this is beautiful, someone's lucky! Looks so soft too.
Well, you could keep all your stuff up, and then you'll just be ready for next year ;) And we'll all look like slackers when we don't have anything up that early.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Davina said...

Gorgeous!!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home