Friday, January 12, 2007

Yup. This is the Gist of it.


Last week, I visited Joyce's blog and just ooh'd and ahh'd over her studio. There are so many studios out there in blog land I have seen...I love that crafters love to share their space and center of their creativity and work.

I really gravitated to Joyce's studio because it both inspiration-filled and practical...it was a definite beautiful workspace. Though I have known here only through years in message boards and online presence, I can see Joyce working in there.

I commented and she replied that I should share my space, and ummm....no. lol .



I have been a crafter for a while but have only had a space to myself these last 1 1/2 years when we moved to this house. In the past I have worked on the kitchen table and didn't think of decorating it to my crafty liking per se. So, this space that I have now, only reflects the business that I do, filled with fabric, machines and lots of mess.


Life is slowly showing and teaching me however, that business is not just business. It is about nurturing that side of me that doesn't have the bottom line as its agenda. 2007 for me is all about finding that part of me again. I think that we all get caught up doing this thing or other, especially when there is success, and well, I am ready for a little change.


So, after posting these pictures I am making a plan to make this space really my own. Not just a practical space, but a space that can whisper my name to those that walk in. A space that I associate with my love of craft, not just the art of making business.

I do believe I just gave myself a challenge.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see what you do with it, although it seems like all that beautiful fabric is a decoration in and of it's own!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Good for you! I cannot wait to see the results.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, I don't know what your "space" looks like, but it sure looks fun already!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home